March 14, 2015 was an auspicious date to have a ‘math circle’ meeting. We ate some great dessert, and worked on some really interesting questions, such as:
- How exactly can you approximate π using regular polygons using just the Pythagorean Theorem?
- What does it mean to find a 'best rational approximation' of a number?
- How do you calculate continued fractions?
- What are some continued fractions of popular irrational numbers?
- What might be some ways to prove an infinitude continued fraction equals a specific irrational number?